Skip to main content

Warning: Cheezy Post Ahead

'Courage is being afraid but going on anyhow' - courtesy of cheesy day calendar with phrases sometimes of significance but most of just cheese.

D and I had our first dentist appointments today in Belfast. We hadn't been in two years so needless to say, I was slightly nervous about the cavity..er GRAVITY of the mouth situation.

After my yes and no answers, (picture the soup n*zi from Seinfeld) the friendly dentist said, 'Okay, let's have a look in there..'

I opened wide and waiting with bated breath...Hopeful lovely Listerine-smelling breath too..

She started talking about each tooth and its quality. Thank goodness I have been here long enough to know 'sound' is actually another word for good or okay. Sound as a pound.

I was delighted as she said '4..sound..5,6 7, sound...' and so on. There were a few teeth that had other words about them but I can only guess that they were in dentist code speak and was happy that at least 'sound' was used more often than the others.

She cleaned my teeth, me still slightly silent but at least brave enough at this point to mention that I was heading home for my sister's wedding tomorrow (wowee wowee wowee!).

She asked me to spit and as I sat back in the chair I realised it was now the moment of truth.

The x-rays were developed. She look down at them squinty a bit. I looked over at her apprehensively.

She cocked her head towards me, looked up at me and smiled 'Perfect'.

PERFECT??!?!?!?!!? FROM A DENIST??? AN A+++++++++++++++?

I beamed back, in a surprised voice, 'Really??? Great stuff!'

I couldn't help but feel like a grade school kid after a pop quiz.

I waited in the lobby for D until he was finished and we left together. I told him I was so relieved that that was over because I was slightly concerned about the fact we hadn't gone in two years.

'I know, honey', he said. 'That's because you're a worry wart'

I smiled because he is right. I am.

And then arrived in the office to see that it is more important to worry but still go ahead then to not worry at all.

*********

I will be posting leading up to the wedding so this blog will become a bridesmaid-familydrama blog for the next week...

stay tuned and enjoy..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm baaaack!

Hard to believe that last entry was almost three years ago! Many moons ago, I set this blog up to chronicle our journeys. Once we were grounded a bit more, it kind of lost its way. I spent some time working on my writing offline, taking on different projects and working full time as a technical writer. It was difficult to keep this blog up. Not for any real reason I can articulate. Just had my words redirected to other avenues for awhile. But, I'm pleased to say, after over a decade away, we are back in the UK, living and re-experiencing a place we enjoyed in the mid-2000s. Social media has certainly changed the way we look at blogs. I'm excited to navigate this new world, explore just what people post, what people read. What's better on one of the many new platforms and what's still appropriate for good old fashioned blogosphere. For now, here's a peek at where we're staying -- in a pretty little village just outside of Oxford. A temporary home ...

They Started a Heat Wave

(sing) a tropical heat wave.... (White Christmas fans? anyone? c'mon..) Yes, there is a heat wave, with warm sun and highs of 30 but NOT HERE IN KOREA. Yes, it is warm and humid but there is no sun. Do you want to know where the sun has ended up? BELFAST!! Lucky bastards....I wanted a tan by August gosh darnit - I should have stayed with the Guinness. And, it wouldn't have been a day on this blog without some reference to the weather. The weekend was a nice long relaxing one but super panic hit on Monday night and I was ready to get out of the house. I was freaking out yet again about the garbage (what the hell is wrong with me?) and didn't have a great sleep. There is something to be said for cooping yourself up in your house to watch English speaking DVDs for a day. But I think this only stops you from experiencing the culture. I did venture out on Saturday by bus (whoa, crazy bus drivers) to Pusan where the open markets you can barter and get cheap shirts - thanks to my...

It Only Takes One Trip

I have a longer post to write, although it may not be until Monday. I don't want to alarm anyone who may actually know me but for the first time in my 30 years I have broken a bone. Nothing exciting, just slipped and fell outside the Family Mart and cracked my foot. What we thought was a sprain turned out to be a break and now, half cast and all, I'm the hob-along-teacher, bossing children all over the place to carry my books and get me water. If I knew the royal treatment I would get, I would have broken my foot months ago. Mother Ship and family posse - never fear. Will talk to you tomorrow.