Skip to main content

The Last Laugh

Dear Mr. Defeated Ragweed,

Due to my enduring curiosity and ingenious research skills, I have discovered that the pescription allergy medication I used in Canada is actually AVAILABLE IN KOREA.

It's under a different name and of course all instructions are in Korean but it is made by the SAME COMPANY.

Not only did I enquire to my pharmacist friend the very day that I wrote you my first letter but I also was able to see a doctor a 7 AT NIGHT and actually get A DISCOUNT on both my vist to see him and my purchase of the said drug.

I celebrated my triumph, again in another language and another country, by having a nice tall well-and-duly breathed glass of merlot - something I KNOW you and your allergen buddies like to use to stuff me up as well AND since the dust arrived, I had not been able to really enjoy a nice glass of red wine.

But HA the joke is now on you. Yes, I see you just dropped that fag hanging from your lip and downed that last drink of yours as a symbol of THE PARTY'S OVER!!

You must have thought you had me beat again but AH HA the wonders of modern medicine and imported drugs strikes you down again.

YOU LOSE!! YOU LOSE!! YOU LOSE!!

Enjoy your weekend.

I know me and a few glasses of wine will while I'm relaxing with friend OUTSIDE in the DUST AIR because oh oh oh...I'VE GOT THE CURE!!

Sincerely,
Snot-Free A

***

Off to a historical city this weekend and preparing to be really touristy, OUSTSIDE amongst all the blossoms and yellow dust....

Comments

Anonymous said…
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

;) glad you're feeling better...

Popular posts from this blog

I'm baaaack!

Hard to believe that last entry was almost three years ago! Many moons ago, I set this blog up to chronicle our journeys. Once we were grounded a bit more, it kind of lost its way. I spent some time working on my writing offline, taking on different projects and working full time as a technical writer. It was difficult to keep this blog up. Not for any real reason I can articulate. Just had my words redirected to other avenues for awhile. But, I'm pleased to say, after over a decade away, we are back in the UK, living and re-experiencing a place we enjoyed in the mid-2000s. Social media has certainly changed the way we look at blogs. I'm excited to navigate this new world, explore just what people post, what people read. What's better on one of the many new platforms and what's still appropriate for good old fashioned blogosphere. For now, here's a peek at where we're staying -- in a pretty little village just outside of Oxford. A temporary home ...

They Started a Heat Wave

(sing) a tropical heat wave.... (White Christmas fans? anyone? c'mon..) Yes, there is a heat wave, with warm sun and highs of 30 but NOT HERE IN KOREA. Yes, it is warm and humid but there is no sun. Do you want to know where the sun has ended up? BELFAST!! Lucky bastards....I wanted a tan by August gosh darnit - I should have stayed with the Guinness. And, it wouldn't have been a day on this blog without some reference to the weather. The weekend was a nice long relaxing one but super panic hit on Monday night and I was ready to get out of the house. I was freaking out yet again about the garbage (what the hell is wrong with me?) and didn't have a great sleep. There is something to be said for cooping yourself up in your house to watch English speaking DVDs for a day. But I think this only stops you from experiencing the culture. I did venture out on Saturday by bus (whoa, crazy bus drivers) to Pusan where the open markets you can barter and get cheap shirts - thanks to my...

It Only Takes One Trip

I have a longer post to write, although it may not be until Monday. I don't want to alarm anyone who may actually know me but for the first time in my 30 years I have broken a bone. Nothing exciting, just slipped and fell outside the Family Mart and cracked my foot. What we thought was a sprain turned out to be a break and now, half cast and all, I'm the hob-along-teacher, bossing children all over the place to carry my books and get me water. If I knew the royal treatment I would get, I would have broken my foot months ago. Mother Ship and family posse - never fear. Will talk to you tomorrow.