Skip to main content

Stronger Than Yesterday

When I lived in Belfast, I was kinda addicted to the gym.

I say kinda because it was in a can't-go-out-Friday-till-I've-pumped-it-up type of way as opposed to training-for-the-next-body-building-championship type of way.

I fell in love with Body Pump, a class dedicated to pump *clap* you up. (SNL? Anyone? Am I dating myself here?).

I always just felt so strong after a class and, as D could attest to, frequently walked around the house, checking out my biceps and asking him, REPEATLY to 'feel them, come on, feel how HUGE I am'.

I was glad to hear that in Korea, they had gyms. When I arrived, I realised the Koreans have a little obsession of their own with fitness and that maybe I would fit in just fine here.

They enjoy being healthy SO MUCH that in parks, there are actually OUTDOOR WEIGHT MACHINES. I mean, this is genuis! Run around the park AND get in your weight training all FOR FREE.

Alas, the gym I joined did not have a Body Pump class. So I was stuck singing the songs in my head and doing the routine in the 'grunting section' of the gym near the weights.

Until last night.

Korea E starting going to a Body Pump class at her gym and I tagged along last night.

It felt awesome. Amazing. Draining. Body Pumpish. Just good.

I'm ready to kick some ass. Just in time for my birthday.

(Reference 3 for those of you paying attention!!..)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm baaaack!

Hard to believe that last entry was almost three years ago! Many moons ago, I set this blog up to chronicle our journeys. Once we were grounded a bit more, it kind of lost its way. I spent some time working on my writing offline, taking on different projects and working full time as a technical writer. It was difficult to keep this blog up. Not for any real reason I can articulate. Just had my words redirected to other avenues for awhile. But, I'm pleased to say, after over a decade away, we are back in the UK, living and re-experiencing a place we enjoyed in the mid-2000s. Social media has certainly changed the way we look at blogs. I'm excited to navigate this new world, explore just what people post, what people read. What's better on one of the many new platforms and what's still appropriate for good old fashioned blogosphere. For now, here's a peek at where we're staying -- in a pretty little village just outside of Oxford. A temporary home ...

They Started a Heat Wave

(sing) a tropical heat wave.... (White Christmas fans? anyone? c'mon..) Yes, there is a heat wave, with warm sun and highs of 30 but NOT HERE IN KOREA. Yes, it is warm and humid but there is no sun. Do you want to know where the sun has ended up? BELFAST!! Lucky bastards....I wanted a tan by August gosh darnit - I should have stayed with the Guinness. And, it wouldn't have been a day on this blog without some reference to the weather. The weekend was a nice long relaxing one but super panic hit on Monday night and I was ready to get out of the house. I was freaking out yet again about the garbage (what the hell is wrong with me?) and didn't have a great sleep. There is something to be said for cooping yourself up in your house to watch English speaking DVDs for a day. But I think this only stops you from experiencing the culture. I did venture out on Saturday by bus (whoa, crazy bus drivers) to Pusan where the open markets you can barter and get cheap shirts - thanks to my...

It Only Takes One Trip

I have a longer post to write, although it may not be until Monday. I don't want to alarm anyone who may actually know me but for the first time in my 30 years I have broken a bone. Nothing exciting, just slipped and fell outside the Family Mart and cracked my foot. What we thought was a sprain turned out to be a break and now, half cast and all, I'm the hob-along-teacher, bossing children all over the place to carry my books and get me water. If I knew the royal treatment I would get, I would have broken my foot months ago. Mother Ship and family posse - never fear. Will talk to you tomorrow.