Skip to main content

Confession Mondays

I decided I need to purge a bit of all that is evil about myself.

*blink* *blink*

Okay, so MAYBE a bit melodramatic, but I thought it might be fun to throw out a confession about myself every Monday so that everyone else who is struggling with Monday can feel just a little better about themselves.

See? Aren't I nice? Taking one for the team on Mondays.

So, quick and dirty, here it goes.

Since buying the upgraded HD cable package, I watch WAY too much TLC.

Cake Boss. Yes to the Dress. Little People Big World. 300 kids and Counting. Geckos that can't Climb.

If D is studying, I am sneaking some shows about people's lives. And there are SOOO MANY of these shows. They even branch out from TLC - the National Geographic channel is constantly playing Dog Whisperer. I knew I was also in trouble on the weekend when I was giddy about another show on the NG channel (cause that's what you call it when you watch it more than 5 hours a week) called Dog Rescue Ink or something like that.

IMAGINE A WORLD WHERE YOU CAN COMBINE TATOOED MEN SAVING ANIMALS??? IS THERE ANYTHING MORE TV WORTHY??

So, I'm not sure if this helping or hurting my current mindstate. I will say the fascinating characters often spark some creative juices .. who wouldn't be intrigued by little chocolatiers? cause you know THEY'RE LITTLE and that makes it all the more, oh I don't know EXPLOITABLE!!

Oh yes, the exploitable bit..I would say A&E is king of that game. Hoarders? Horaders Super Duper? Hoarders Extreme? INTERVENTION? "Here is some programming that lets you into the most intimate moment of someone's life ... when its ALL crashing down for them. And....ACTION!"

But I lap it up people. D has taken to making fun of the amount of reality I'm allowing into my life.

So I confess it. I'm becoming a reality junkie. And I'm still not quite sure how I feel about that. Maybe I should go see Stacy and Clinton to see if it's something to do with the sweatpants I wear at my desk every day.

Until next Monday, I hope that made you feel better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm baaaack!

Hard to believe that last entry was almost three years ago! Many moons ago, I set this blog up to chronicle our journeys. Once we were grounded a bit more, it kind of lost its way. I spent some time working on my writing offline, taking on different projects and working full time as a technical writer. It was difficult to keep this blog up. Not for any real reason I can articulate. Just had my words redirected to other avenues for awhile. But, I'm pleased to say, after over a decade away, we are back in the UK, living and re-experiencing a place we enjoyed in the mid-2000s. Social media has certainly changed the way we look at blogs. I'm excited to navigate this new world, explore just what people post, what people read. What's better on one of the many new platforms and what's still appropriate for good old fashioned blogosphere. For now, here's a peek at where we're staying -- in a pretty little village just outside of Oxford. A temporary home ...

They Started a Heat Wave

(sing) a tropical heat wave.... (White Christmas fans? anyone? c'mon..) Yes, there is a heat wave, with warm sun and highs of 30 but NOT HERE IN KOREA. Yes, it is warm and humid but there is no sun. Do you want to know where the sun has ended up? BELFAST!! Lucky bastards....I wanted a tan by August gosh darnit - I should have stayed with the Guinness. And, it wouldn't have been a day on this blog without some reference to the weather. The weekend was a nice long relaxing one but super panic hit on Monday night and I was ready to get out of the house. I was freaking out yet again about the garbage (what the hell is wrong with me?) and didn't have a great sleep. There is something to be said for cooping yourself up in your house to watch English speaking DVDs for a day. But I think this only stops you from experiencing the culture. I did venture out on Saturday by bus (whoa, crazy bus drivers) to Pusan where the open markets you can barter and get cheap shirts - thanks to my...

It Only Takes One Trip

I have a longer post to write, although it may not be until Monday. I don't want to alarm anyone who may actually know me but for the first time in my 30 years I have broken a bone. Nothing exciting, just slipped and fell outside the Family Mart and cracked my foot. What we thought was a sprain turned out to be a break and now, half cast and all, I'm the hob-along-teacher, bossing children all over the place to carry my books and get me water. If I knew the royal treatment I would get, I would have broken my foot months ago. Mother Ship and family posse - never fear. Will talk to you tomorrow.