Skip to main content

Random Thoughts

Is there anyone in Korea who knows how to flush a toilet?

**

After much preparation, we're all set for what our Korean manager is calling 'Memory Pen' days - a Thursday Friday extravaganza - which, after it was finally translated from the calendar for me, essentially means get the kids to highlight important parts from the book over the past month. Sorted

**

If we teach at an English school, why are all the notes on the large board calendar in Korean?

**

My legs should be hurting more. I went to the gym on Tuesday and they are just..not..aching..ENOUGH!...although, my foot, perhaps is doing all the aching for them

**

How many flashcards CAN I find, download and print? And how long can I allow them to sit on my desk, waiting for me to laminate (YES YES I GET TO LAMINATE!! SEE THIS TEACHER THING DOES HAVE PERKS!!) until eventually, I just start using them as scrap paper

**

oh my god oh my god oh my god this time next week I'll be home!!

**

oh my god oh my god oh my god how the HELL am I going to come back?

**

Could I get an extra waegook baggage allowance just so I can bring back all the things I want to last me and D for the next 5 months?

**

oh my god oh my god oh my god what ARE we going to do after our 5 months is up..

**

And there it is. The bell tolling, tearing me from my own thoughts. Never thought I'd be happy to hear that sound.

Comments

kim joo mee said…
You are so awesome...I can just picture you saying all of those things. Will miss you love!

Popular posts from this blog

I'm baaaack!

Hard to believe that last entry was almost three years ago! Many moons ago, I set this blog up to chronicle our journeys. Once we were grounded a bit more, it kind of lost its way. I spent some time working on my writing offline, taking on different projects and working full time as a technical writer. It was difficult to keep this blog up. Not for any real reason I can articulate. Just had my words redirected to other avenues for awhile. But, I'm pleased to say, after over a decade away, we are back in the UK, living and re-experiencing a place we enjoyed in the mid-2000s. Social media has certainly changed the way we look at blogs. I'm excited to navigate this new world, explore just what people post, what people read. What's better on one of the many new platforms and what's still appropriate for good old fashioned blogosphere. For now, here's a peek at where we're staying -- in a pretty little village just outside of Oxford. A temporary home ...

They Started a Heat Wave

(sing) a tropical heat wave.... (White Christmas fans? anyone? c'mon..) Yes, there is a heat wave, with warm sun and highs of 30 but NOT HERE IN KOREA. Yes, it is warm and humid but there is no sun. Do you want to know where the sun has ended up? BELFAST!! Lucky bastards....I wanted a tan by August gosh darnit - I should have stayed with the Guinness. And, it wouldn't have been a day on this blog without some reference to the weather. The weekend was a nice long relaxing one but super panic hit on Monday night and I was ready to get out of the house. I was freaking out yet again about the garbage (what the hell is wrong with me?) and didn't have a great sleep. There is something to be said for cooping yourself up in your house to watch English speaking DVDs for a day. But I think this only stops you from experiencing the culture. I did venture out on Saturday by bus (whoa, crazy bus drivers) to Pusan where the open markets you can barter and get cheap shirts - thanks to my...

It Only Takes One Trip

I have a longer post to write, although it may not be until Monday. I don't want to alarm anyone who may actually know me but for the first time in my 30 years I have broken a bone. Nothing exciting, just slipped and fell outside the Family Mart and cracked my foot. What we thought was a sprain turned out to be a break and now, half cast and all, I'm the hob-along-teacher, bossing children all over the place to carry my books and get me water. If I knew the royal treatment I would get, I would have broken my foot months ago. Mother Ship and family posse - never fear. Will talk to you tomorrow.