Skip to main content

Another Adventure Begun

It has been 5 months in the making but D and I are officially off on our next adventure.

This adventure has coincided with the longest most intense project I've worked on since my days as a book publicist.

And so, I am only now getting to the point where I have 2 minutes to myself, to write about just what is going on in my part of the world.


I am currently making a cross country trip from Ontario to British Columbia via the United States to my new home in Richmond, B.C.

D is going back to school, I am continuing to be a tech writer and we will be in the Vancouver area for the Olympics, not before we make the epic journey in our car across multiple States in a much more comfortable albeit similar distance as many many pioneers from years past across this vast continent.

So far, so good.

With many things to say, I'd rather collect thoughts before I put them here, however I thought it was important to get down that I am leaving, gone, moving, outta here, off again.

What I also will share is that while many people would have put together a CD of all time favourite road tripping songs, we chose Bill Bryson's The Lost Continent for this journey.

I have chosen wisely. It has added more depth to this journey than I had anticipated.

I have been through 6 distinct States so far - Illinois, Wisconsin, Iowa, Minnesota, South Dakota and Wyoming.

Each now hold special memories for me. Some of them fleeting, others lasting. All of which I will save for tomorrow.

It's nice to be back.

Comments

Elizabeth said…
And it's AWESOME to have you back! Missing you and sending good vibes for a happy, healthy new year, wherever you may be!!!
:)

Popular posts from this blog

Focus

My regular journaling has significantly improved my mood.

I've been taking some time, twice a week, to polish existing content as well as develop my floating ideas into a more concrete outline.

I've felt this focus for the last 6 weeks that I can't really describe properly. It's as though I've shifted my thinking totally. Writing is my craft. It's what I do, who I am, how I exist. It's like my mojo.

So, I guess, I've gotten my mojo back. My focus, my purpose, my essence.

And it feels good. It feels right. And I am almost understanding more now why the best writing of the best writers happens when they are older, more polished, more experienced, more rough around the edges.

When all the youthful spark has been extinguished and what's left, is the determined embers, that will not go softly, that will not die out. That will continue, fervently glowing, creating warmth and not just drawing attention from its flicker, but pulling people in by it's so…

Room with a view

We've been in our new home for 10 weeks nos and it's feeling more like home than ever.Every day, I sit down at my desk to the most inspiring view.A collection of stories is building. This space makes it easy to gather my thoughts.I've been consumed with a few work projects and am looking forward to collecting my thoughts soon.Writers club is still going ... I was on a bit of a hiatus but hope to get into my routine for fall. For now, boat gazing is helping.

One thing

It's that time of year again. That time when we all decide to become a little more of our better selves.

It's a good time of year to commit to something, even if just to say you're going to try to make it happen. And, even if things don't change and perhaps you even fail at whatever you were resolving, it's actually just the action of pledging change that really brings the most benefit.

And so, this year, as I'm sure most writers are pledging, I pledge to WRITE. MORE.

Not necessarily blog more. But write more. Keep the act of it going. Commit to treating it as my craft instead of my hobby. Promising to keep it a hobby at heart but a skill in practice.

I've started a daily journal again - one page per day -- of anything, really mostly a rundown of what I did that day. Or heck, even a bit of stream of consciousness of what's banging around in the old head that day.



I also bought another daily Q&A book that, if I'm successful, will carry me across…